|Events||Know before you go! Masks are required for all ages when visiting Youth Services.|
A Space for Play and Discovery
This area is closed until further notice.
- Early Learning Area for preschoolers
- Giant Lite Brite and Lego wall
- Lego, train and puzzle tables to boost creativity, problem-solving skills and dexterity
- Dollhouse and kitchen to encourage dramatic play
- The Makery: a creative space where kids make art to hang on our display wall
- Board games for families to play together
- 2 Mac computers, 2 PC computers and a printer
Paperback Pals |Grades 2 & 3
Dragons in A Bag by Zetta Elliott
Join us for an in-person discussion on Tuesday, January 11, 4-5 pm. Call 847.459.4100 to register and pick up your book (while supplies last) at the drive-up window or the Kids Desk beginning November 9.
Bookworms | Grades 4 & 5
Capsized! The Forgotten Story of The SS Eastland Disaster by Patricia Sutton
Join us for an in-person discussion on Monday, January 3, 4-5 pm or Thursday, January 6, 4-5 pm. Call 847.459.4100 to register and pick up your book (while supplies last) at the drive-up window or the Kids Desk beginning November 8.
Middle School | Grades 6-8
Last Pick by Jason Walz
Join us for an in-person discussion on Monday, January 24, 7-8 pm. Call 847.459.4100 to register and pick up your book (while supplies last) at the drive-up window or the Kids Desk beginning November 22.
Reading programs that get your kids excited about reading, starting at birth.
Check out with an ITPLD card and download or stream to your device
- Back to School
- Cool Reads for Hot Days
- Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month
- Women’s History Month
- Sweet reads
- Winter suggestions
- Cloud Library
- Middle school
- Zoo and ocean-themed
- Wellness and eating right
- Warm and cozy-themed
- Summer Library Adventure-Curiosity Colors Your World
Things to Do
Explore More Illinois
Indian Trails Library cardholders can reserve free and discounted admission, parking and gift store purchases from cultural attractions in Illinois, including museums, cultural centers, zoos, aquariums, gardens, historical societies, park districts and more. Learn more >