Foundation for the Indian Trails Library District
Why Donate? DONATE
The Indian Trails Public Library gets approximately 90% of its funding through property taxes. Unlike other governmental entities, such as park or school districts, the library does not have a revenue stream or charge fees for services, other than recouping the cost of materials for special programs.
Fortunately, the library has a foundation that actively raises funds for requested items and helps advocate for the library in the community. In the past the library has purchased
- Books to be given out to children for reading programs
- Expansion and enhancement of the Reading Garden
- Launch Pad on the Go Kits
- Sewing machines for classes
The Foundation raises funds through
- Used book sales
- Annual appeal – Youth Sensory Wall
- Special events
- Restaurant givebacks
The Foundation funded
- Launch Pad on the Go Collection | 4, Backyard Movie Bundles
- Launch Pad | Nomad 3 Desktop CNC Machine
- Launch Pad | Sawgrass Virtuoso SG500 Complete Sublijet Sublimation Printer Kit
- Launch Pad | Swing Design 4-in-1 Mug, Cup, & Bottle Heat Press
- Youth Services | Sensory Pathway (in design phase)
- Short Story Cube
Consider making a donation today to support your library. To make a donation in person, please contact Jen Schmidt or call 847.279.2222.
2023 Foundation Board of Directors
Meetings are held on Wednesdays, 7 pm. All meetings are open to the public.
December – No meeting