- Bring a valid Illinois driver’s license showing your current in-district address.
- If you do not have a valid Illinois driver’s license bring two forms of current ID (one must be a photo ID) such as:
- Driver’s license, photo ID card, passport
- Utility bill
- Vehicle insurance card
- Mortgage documents
- Rental lease
- Parents or legal guardians must accompany those ages 17 and under.
- Library cards are renewed every three years. You will receive a notification by mail or email one month before your card expires. Present valid identification at the library and verify account information.
- Bring a valid library card from your home library and a current photo ID along with proof of address.
- Some services, such as checking out new items or offsite access to digital resources are available only for ITPLD members.
Businesses within the boundaries of the Indian Trails Public Library District are eligible to receive a library card. Please call 847.459.4100, ext. 1 for more information.
DIGITAL LIBRARY CARDS
Get your library card online and access thousands of e-books, digital magazines, movies and more. If you live in the library’s service area and do not have an ITPLD library card, you can register online for a digital card.
After registering for your card, you’ll receive an email within 48 hours with your library barcode. Remember the PIN number assigned to your card, as you will need it to access e-resources and check out ebooks. When the library reopens, stop by the Circulation Desk, 355 Schoenbeck, Wheeling, and bring identification to pick up your permanent card and start borrowing books, DVDs and more from our collection in-house.