Library cards are not available online. To obtain a library card as quickly as possible, we recommend visiting the library in person.
- Not sure if you live in our district? Review the map below to find out.
- Visit the Main Library or the Branch.
- Call 847.459.4100 ext. 1 for assistance.
- The requirements to obtain a library card are below.
IF YOU ARE A Resident IN OUR DISTRICT
- Bring a valid Illinois driver’s license showing your current in-district address.
- If you do not have a valid Illinois driver’s license bring two forms of current identification (one must be a photo ID) with your name and current address such as:
- Driver’s license, photo ID card or passport
- Utility bill with name and current address
- Vehicle insurance card with name and current address
- Mortgage documents
- Rental lease
- Parents or legal guardians must accompany those ages 17 and under.
- Library cards are renewed every three years. You will receive a notification by mail or email one month before your card expires. Present valid identification at the library and verify account information.
IF YOU ARE A Non-resident OUT OF OUR DISTRICT
- Bring a valid library card from your home library, a current photo ID, and proof of address.
- Some services, such as checking out new items or offsite access to digital resources are available only for ITPLD members.
Businesses within the boundaries of the Indian Trails Public Library District are eligible to receive a library card. Please call 847.459.4100, ext. 1 for more information.
temporary 30-day LIBRARY E-CARDS. To obtain a library card as quickly as possible, we recommend visiting the library in person.
AVAILABLE TO YOU IN 48 HRS, Monday-Thursday | 72 HRS, FRIDAY-SUNDAY
Get your TEMPORARY eCard in 48-72 hours (about 3 days).
- Not sure if you live in our district? Review the map above to find out, or click here to see if you live within the library district.
- Go to online registration and select Indian Trails Public Library District.
After registering for your eCard:
- You’ll receive an email in 48-72 hours with your 30-day temporary barcode.
- After 48-72 hours, access e-books and digital resources.
- Holds on physical items from the library collection are not possible until a new member has picked up their new library card.
- TEMPORARY E-CARDS EXPIRE AFTER 30 DAYS. Stop by the Lobby Desk at the main library TO GET YOUR LIBRARY CARD. 355 Schoenbeck Rd., Wheeling.
- Bring identification to pick up your library card. Begin borrowing items such as books, DVDs and other materials directly from our collection on-site.