Teacher Library Cards
- Check with your principal or learning center to learn how to get an ITPLD card.
- If a school does not authorize individual teacher cards, the school may request a school library card. Call 847.459.4100 for information.
During the school year, we bring the library to you to talk about programs and books, tell stories and answer questions to get children excited about the library. Students are given handouts listing books for their grade level:
- Request materials for classroom use with your teacher, school or personal ITPLD card.
- Up to 30 items may be requested.
- Allow five school days for your bookbag to be prepared; pick up in Youth Services.
Research and Homework Help
Tutorials and practice in math, English, social studies and high school entrance exams
Middle Search Plus
Magazine articles, images, biographies and primary source documents
Pro- and con- essays on current events topics.
Newspaper archives from over 150 publications
Online News Feeds
Current events articles drawn from online news feeds.
Live one-on-one homework help from certified tutors in many subjects. Eight sessions available per week for each cardholder.
- Request a librarian visit your school to talk about books and reading programs.
- Take a field trip to the library.
- Invite library staff to your school’s open house, curriculum night or other parent and family school event.