SUMMER LIBRARY ADVENTURE
Video Access Request Form
Short film starring our librarians as they introduce the Summer Library Adventure reading and activities program.
Teacher Library Cards
- Check with your principal or learning center to learn how to get an ITPLD card.
- If a school does not authorize individual teacher cards, the school may request a school library card. Call 847.459.4100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
Book TAlk lists
During the school year, we bring the library to you to talk about programs and books, tell stories and answer questions to get children excited about the library. Students are given handouts listing books for their grade level:
- Request materials for classroom use with your teacher, school or personal ITPLD card.
- Up to 30 items may be requested.
- Allow up to three school days for your bookbag to be prepared; pick up in Youth Services.
Research and Homework Help
Tutorials and practice in math, English, social studies and high school entrance exams
Magazine articles, images, biographies and primary source documentsScholastic Teachables
Ready-to-use worksheets and forms for parents and teachers to use with K-8 students.SIRS/Issues Researcher
Pro- and con- essays on current events topics.
Access World News
Article and topic search drawing from world newspapers.
Updated Associated Press news.
Live one-on-one homework help from certified tutors in many subjects. Eight sessions are available per week for each cardholder.
School Event & Tour Request
This service is not offered at this time.
- Request a librarian to visit your school to talk about books and reading programs.
- Take a field trip to the library.
- Invite library staff to your school’s open house, curriculum night or other parent and family school event.