Rent a Meeting Room
The library offers meeting rooms that can be rented for a fee by organizations to host large programs, trainings or meetings. Please read Meeting Room Policy 2.30 prior to inquiring about a rental.
- Applicant must be 18 years of age or older, reside in the Indian Trails Public Library District and have a valid ITPLD library card.
- Applicant must remain in the room during the meeting.
- Rental reservations must be made in advance.
- All fees must be paid prior to the applicant using the room.
Reservations for in-district teachers and government staff
In-district teachers, government staff and businesses are considered members if they have a valid ITPLD library card. If you do not have a card, assistance with reservations and obtaining a ITPLD library card are made by contacting our communications staff. For assistance please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 847.279.2250.
The Lake, Cook or Lake-Cook Rooms are available for rental.
Lake or Cook Room
- 60 theatre seating
- 30 classroom seating
- 25 block seating
Lake-Cook Combined Room
- 160 theatre seating
- 60 classroom seating
Fees are for three hours and include the use of all audiovisual equipment. This time includes set-up. There is no discount if the room is rented for less than 3 hours.
- Cook Room – $50
- Lake Room – $50
- Lake-Cook Room – $100
- In the library: Cash, check or credit card. You must have the library card and PIN associated with the room rental.
- By mail: Check, made payable to the Indian Trails Public Library District. Send payment to:
Indian Trails Public Library District
Attn: Jane Seidman
355 Schoenbeck Rd.
Wheeling, IL 60090
Rooms are available for rental when not used for library program or other sponsored events.
Monday-Friday: 9:30 am-8:30 pm
Saturday: 9:30 am-4:30 pm
Sunday: 12:30-4:30 pm
Reservations are accepted during the following times:
|Rental Month||Reservations Open|
Rooms may not be used for the following:
- Social gatherings, such as birthday parties, bridal showers or family reunions, recitals, musical programs, etc.
- Commercial transactions such as realty closings, paid tutoring, depositions, or other such activities where a fee is charged or business is solicited and transacted.
- Political rallies and or meetings organized for the purpose of urging action such as voting for a candidate.
- Rooms can be rented for a maximum of three hours, one time per month.
- See Meeting Room Policy for 2.30 for a list of limitations.