Kids love technology and are always eager to try out the latest gadget. Try some of these tips to create a healthy balance for your family.
- Tech tips for infants and toddlers
- Tech tips for young children
- Consider creating a Media Diet for your family to help create goals that align with your family’s values.
- Use parent guides and rating reviews to stay up-to-date on popular apps, services and platforms.
- Look for high quality apps that are easy to use, interactive and ad-free. Read app reviews to stay informed. Many of the better, ad-free apps need to be purchased for a small fee.
- Check out an Early Literacy iPad kit, which includes an iPad mini preloaded with apps and e-books selected by staff to support early literacy practices.
- Explore hands-on science at home by checking out a STEAM Discovery Kit for ages 6 and older. Each kit includes books, educational toys and equipment on a variety of topics.
- Visit the iPad table to explore apps for kids through grade 1.