Genealogy & Local History
Premiering January 2021, offering tips for genealogists and in-depth information on library resources and programs.
Interested in tracing your unique family history? Set up a one-on-one appointment with staff to get started on your family history or genealogy research.
Available at the Library
- Genealogy Collection including reference materials and magazines
- Dedicated genealogy/local history computer on the second floor
- Digitized copies of Wheeling Independent newspapers (in-house use)
- Digitized copies of plat maps and older phone books
- Information about library’s holdings of high school yearbooks
- Digitized access to in-house prepared index to Daily Herald
- Check out a copy of the book Wheeling Through the Years, An Oral History from our Local History collection. Wheeling’s growth from its infancy in the late 1800s as farmland to suburbia is told through oral memories from residents who witnessed its transformation.
Online resources available to help with your research with your library card.