Computers in the Library
Computers, In-House Printing, Copying, Scanning
Limited computer use and copying, printing, scanning and faxing services will be available in the library. At this time, ITPLD cardholders only. Please read this information carefully to prepare for using these services. See FAQs.
Reserving a Computer in the Library
- Reservations are required and cannot be extended.
- One 60-minute reservation per member, per day
- ITPLD members only with a valid library card
- Members without their card must provide a photo ID and matching address
- Guest passes will not be issued
- Reservations may be made up to 24 hours in advance
- By phone: 847-459-4100, ext. 1 (recommended)
- In person: Youth or Adult desk
- 8 computers available
- 4 PCs in Adult Services
- 2 Media Macs in Adult Services
- 2 Macs in Youth Services
- Youth Services computers: Families and couples with children
- Adult Services computers: Adult or high school age; children with the parent, but children cannot use the adult computers.
- Adobe Acrobat Pro users: Reserve MEDIAMAC1 or MEDIAMAC2 on the 2nd floor.
- Limit printing and copying to 50 pages (black and white or color) so other members can access those services.
- Zoom and Skype services are not allowed.
- The library is unable to provide headphones. Headphones must be worn if watching or listening to anything with sound.
Computer Reservations Fixed Times
Computer stations are cleaned after each user.
|9:15-10:15 am||9:15-10:15 am||
|10:30-11:30 am||10:30-11:30 am||
|11:45 am-12:45 pm||11:45 am-12:45 pm||
|1-2 pm||1-2 pm||
|2:15-3:15 pm||2:15-3:15 pm||
|3:30-4:30 pm||3:30-4:30 pm||
Arriving for Your Reserved Time
- Arrive a few minutes before your scheduled reservation.
- Check in at the Youth Desk for 1st floor computers.
- Check in at the Adult Services Desk for 2nd floor computers.
- Have your library card available.
- Staff will verify your reservation and take you to the computer with a clean keyboard/mouse that they will plug in for you.
When Your Reservation Ends
- Place the keyboard and mouse to the return bin.
Printing, Faxing and Copying In-house
- 1 person in the Copy/Print room at a time.
- Please wait on the yellow floor decals until the room is available.
- Your library card number will be needed to release your print job.
Print from home; pick up at the library
- Send a print job from home and pick up at the library through ePRINTit.
- Members will receive confirmation if they enter an email.
- Printing is limited to 50 pages (black and white or color) for each print job.
- Print requests are held in the queue for one week and must be picked up in the library.
Why do you have only 8 computers available?
To ensure social distance guidelines for members and staff safety, we have eliminated computers that would breach the 6-foot distance.
Can I check out a laptop?
Currently laptops, tablets and e-readers are unavailable. Please check our website for updates.
Can I use my laptop at one of the empty computer stations?
Empty computer stations are closed for social distancing measures. Our Wi-Fi can be accessed in the parking lot and the park.
I want a PC but only a Mac is available.
Please consider making a reservation for another time so we can try to get you the computer you need.
Can I take an open computer if one is available?
Please check at a service desk to see if that computer is available.
Can I make a reservation to use a computer for an hour right now?
Yes, you can make a reservation with your ITPLD library card with an Adult or Youth Service staff member to use a computer for an hour based on availability. If you want to guarantee a time for a computer, please make a reservation up to 24 hours in advance.
When I came to the library today to specifically use the computer, I was told there were no computers available. Can I just wait here until one opens up?
For the safety of our staff and members we are using a reservation system for our computers. Calling ahead and making a reservation is the best way to ensure a computer will be available. Currently the library is not set up for members to linger or sit.
I need to use the computer for more than an hour. Can I make reservations for other days this week to come back and finish my project?
We are currently encouraging members to stay at the library for only one hour to limit the number of people in the building at a time. We are happy to make reservations for you tomorrow at your desired time, if a computer is available.
I made a reservation, but I’m going to be a few minutes late. Will I lose my reservation?
You will not lose your reservation. If you booked a computer for 10:30-11:30 am, but arrive at 10:45 am, you still have 45 minutes to use the computer. It is one reservation per day. If you did not get your full hour, you can make a reservation tomorrow.
I live in the Indian Trails Library District, but don’t have a library card. Can I still use a computer?
A library barcode is needed to make a reservation. You can get a library card on the first floor at the Check Out Desk if you have a photo ID and another form of ID with your current address.
I am not an ITPLD resident, but I live closer to this library than my home library and I need to use a computer.
Because of the limited number of computers available for use right now, they are only available for ITPLD residents. As we learn more about how to provide computer services in a safe manner we will look to expand this in the future. Check here for libraries that allow non-cardholders to use their computers.
All of the 2nd floor computers are full. Can I make a reservation for one of the open computers on the 1st floor?
Computers in the KidZone are for use by children and their caregivers.
How are you sanitizing the equipment?
There is a 30-minute cleaning allotment in between each computer session. The keyboards and mice used by other members are quarantined for the night. Staff wipe down the machines and stations in between each use.
I need to watch a video on a library computer and I don’t have headphones. Can I check out headphones from the library?
We are unable to loan out headphones at this time. Please bring your own headphones to listen or watch anything on a computer with sound.