VIRTUAL LIBRARY & UPDATES
We are encouraged by the recent CDC announcement that fully vaccinated people may resume all activities without wearing a mask or physically distancing.
As we have done since the beginning of the pandemic, Indian Trails Library will follow the recommendations of the Illinois Department of Public Health and Cook County Department of Public Health.
At this time, masks are required by anyone ages 2 and older who has not been vaccinated.
Masks are recommended by anyone who has been vaccinated.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
Beginning April 12, returned material will no longer be quarantined. Items returned will be removed from your account as soon as they are checked in. The return slots in the vestibule will be operational and receipts can be printed.
The library building and Prospect Height branch are open for limited services.
IMPORTANT: Masks are mandatory to enter library buildings. Even if you have had the Covid vaccine or have recovered from Covid, masks are required. If you are unable or unwilling to wear a mask, staff will assist getting your material while you wait outside.
Monday-Friday 9 am-8 pm
Saturday 9 am-5 pm
Sunday 12-5 pm
Monday & Friday, 1-4 pm and 5-8 pm
- Reservations not required. Members can log on to an open computer with a library card or guest pass.
- 2 youth and 7 adult computers are available.
- 15-minute express internet and printing station is available.
- Computer use is for 1 hour a day. However, if no one is waiting, users can extend by 30 minutes up to 2 hours in one day.
- Keyboards and mice will not be swapped out, however, members may request a fresh set from staff.
- Copying, printing, faxing and scanning
- In-house and remote
- Pick up material in the building or at the drive-up
- In-person seating
- Study rooms
- Meeting rentals
- In-person programs
- Newspapers and magazines
- Magazines may be requested for check-out
Covid Vaccine Information
The library has added an information page about Covid vaccines, which you can find here. Because this information changes frequently, we recommend verifying the information prior to visiting any facility.
Where can I return my items?
Items may be returned to one of the drop boxes outside the library or remote drop boxes:
- Indian Trails Branch (99 E. Palatine Rd., Prospect Heights)
- Alcott Community Center (530 Bernard Dr., Buffalo Grove)
- Former Dominick’s (1160 W. Lake Cook Rd., Buffalo Grove)
Returns inside the vestibule are not available at this time.
I’ve had a Covid vaccine shot, do I need to wear a mask?
Even if you have had the Covid vaccine, you still need to wear a mask. This is to protect staff and other members. If you are unable or unwilling to wear a mask, staff can retrieve your material while you wait outside.
I returned items, but they are still showing up on my account.
All returned items are quarantined for 24 hours before being handled by staff and checked in. It may take up to two days to see the items off your account. Not to worry, fines do not accrue at the library.
Can reciprocal borrowers check out material at ITPLD?
Yes, reciprocal borrowers may check out material. They may also call 847-459-4100, ext. 3 and place holds on items. Holds can also be placed through the catalog.
Can I donate used books?
Yes! Please bring them in boxes or bags, clearly marked book donations. Donations may be left in the vestibule of the main library.
When will you return to in-person programs?
We will return to in-person services when it is safe for members and staff. Until then, we will continue to host virtual programs.