VIRTUAL LIBRARY & UPDATES
Covid Vaccine Information
The library has added an information page about Covid vaccines, which you can find here. Because this information changes frequently, we recommend verifying the information prior to visiting any facility.
Beginning Friday, November 20
Due to the increased positivity rates of COVID-19, in-person services at the main library are suspended until further notice.
- Drive-up services for material pick up will be available.
- The vestibule will be open for grab and go projects.
- Material can be returned to the book drops outside the library.
- Drive-up window
- Holds pickup
- Interlibrary loan
- Virtual programs
- Pick-up of craft or DIY2Go projects in vestibule
- Online Library card registration
- Staff assistance is available by phone or live chat.
- All in-person services
- Remote printing
- Wi-Fi Mobile Hotspots
- Launch Pad on the Go Kits
Where can I return my items?
Items may be returned to one of the drop boxes outside the library or remote drop boxes:
- Indian Trails Branch (99 E. Palatine Rd., Prospect Heights)
- Alcott Community Center (530 Bernard Dr., Buffalo Grove)
- Former Dominick’s (1160 W. Lake Cook Rd., Buffalo Grove)
The returns inside the vestibule are not available at this time.
I returned items, but they are still showing up on my account.
All returned items are quarantined for three days before being handled by staff and checked in. It may take up to five days to see the items off your account. Not to worry, fines do not accrue at the library.
Can reciprocal borrowers check out material at ITPLD?
Yes, reciprocal borrowers may check out material. They may also call 847-459-4100, ext. 3 and place holds on items. Holds can also be placed through the catalog.
When will the Branch in Prospect Heights open?
At this time, the Branch is scheduled to re-open Monday, February 1, Monday and Friday, 1-4 pm and 2-8 pm. The Branch will be closed from 4-5 pm, both days for cleaning.
Can I donate used books?
Book donations resume March 15. Please bag or box and seal all books .Clearly label them as donations. They may be left on or near the cart inside the vestibule marked book donations.
Are staff still working?
Yes, staff are available to provide service over the the phones, or through email. Please call 847-459-4100 if you have questions.
When will you return to in-person programs?
We don’t anticipate returning to in-person programs until September, as the earliest. Until then, we will continue to host virtual programs.