Summer Library Adventure Art Show
What’s your ‘trail’ to creativity?
The Indian Trails Library Foundation will host a Summer Library Adventure Art Show. Please read the following information before submitting your art.
- Eligibility: Students in grades 6-12
- Deadline to enter: Monday, May 2, 2022.
- Theme: Every Trail has a Story
- Students in grades 6-12.
- All work must be original.
- This form must be included with your submission.
- Bring your art submission to the Youth Services desk at the Main Library by 8 pm, May 2, or to The Branch by 7 pm, May 2.
- Art must be picked up at the library between August 1-15. If artwork is not picked up by August 15, we will make one pick-up reminder call to the artist.
- The maximum size is 11 x 17 inches, landscape orientation.
- All art should have a title (does not need to be included on the art).
- Maximum of 90 lb paper can be used. Textured paper is acceptable.
- Acceptable mediums
- Water-based oil paint
- Acrylic paint
- Oil pastel
- Gel pen
- Colored pencils
- Watercolor pencil
- Digitally-rendered art (must be printed out).
- Art rendered in chalk, pastels, charcoal and collages can’t be accepted due to the laminating process.
- Depending on the number of submissions received, art will be displayed at Green Lake Park StoryWalk, Buffalo Grove, or in the library.
- Art will be displayed in a public area visited by families with young children; artists are encouraged to keep this in mind.
- All art will be laminated to help protect it.
- Although every effort will be made to protect the art from the environment, the Green Lake Park displays are outdoors and some water or sun damage may occur. (The displays are covered.)
- Artists will be identified by first name and grade on the displays.