PowerPac: The New Catalog
Indian Trails Library has joined Cooperative Computer Services (CCS), a group of 26 area libraries that share an online catalog and member database.
UPDATE October 25, 2019
- E-books and e-audiobooks are not showing up in the new catalog. We are working with our vendor to remedy this problem. You are still able to access e-material via the apps. Visit the downloads page to learn more.
- Holds list – the ability to view your place on the holds list is longer available. Staff can tell you where you are on the holds list for material requested from ITPLD, but not if you have requested material from another CCS library. This is due to the way holds are managed in the system.
UPDATE October 23, 2019
Migration to our new catalog is finished. You may find
- Some links to the catalog may not have been reestablished.
- Bookmarks to My Account may need to be reestablished.
- If you returned material between October 17-21, it may take a few days to show as returned on your account.
Staff will continue to reconnect missing links. In the meantime, if you have questions, please reach out to staff, 847-459-4100.
Thank you for you patience as we continue on this process.
Why a new catalog?
- Our current catalog software was outdated and expected to be discontinued.
- By joining the Cooperative Computer System (CCS or the Consortium) members will have access to 5 million copies of 1.3 million titles at 26 area libraries.
- We received a grant from Reaching Across Illinois System to move to the new catalog.
What this means for you
- See all items at ITPLD and items owned by the other libraries in CCS in the catalog.
- ITPLD cards are automatically registered at all CCS libraries.
- Pick up and return most materials to any CCS library.
- Request items from CCS libraries directly through the new catalog and pick up at Indian Trails Library.
How to prepare
- Learn more about the new catalog at a drop-in demonstration or class (keyword: powerpac)
- The return slots in the vestibule will be unavailable October 17-21. You may return material to the book drops on the outside of the building.
- New material will be added as quickly as possible to the catalog after October 21.
- The Boopsie and Bookmyne apps were deleted October 17. The new catalog is mobile- and tablet-friendly.
- Be patient! It’s a new system for you and staff.
Great new features!
- Eligible items automatically renew when they are due, unless it has been requested by someone.
- If you have opted for email notifications, you will receive an email reminder three days before the item’s original due date notifying you if materials were renewed or not.
- Call 847.590.8706 to check your account, renew items and get library hours information (after October 22).
Seamless use of the new catalog
- Easy to read on your phone, tablet or computer
- Select an easy to remember optional username or use your library barcode to log in to your account. Your username and library barcode are interchangeable.
- Choose your preferred pickup location at any CCS library.
Save your Reading History
- This opt-in feature allows you to save the material you have checked out. You can turn on and turn off this feature at any time.
|Algonquin Area||Lake Forest|
|Cary Area||Lake Villa|
|Ela Area||Morton Grove|
|Fox River Valley||Northbrook|
|Glenview||Round Lake Area|