Rise to the Challenge: 2022 Reading Program
Calling teen & adult readers!
Rise to the challenge and read 20 books during 2022. Read whatever books you like, or follow our suggested categories.
For every 5 books you complete, you’ll earn a raffle ticket for one of the grand prizes. Finish all 20 books to receive a prize. You can also earn additional grand prize entries by completing reading-related activities.
Register online or at the Adult Services desk, 847.459.4100, ext. 3. With Beanstack you can track your progress online or in Beanstack’s mobile app.
Paper logs are also available at the Adult Services Desk. Under 14? Check out our youth reading programs here.
Are you new to tracking your progress online with Beanstack? Check out this video or read more about Beanstack.
Looking for inspiration on what to read? Click on the links for more suggestions.
Read a book . . .
- Read This is How it Always Is, the library’s One Book One Community pick
- Read a book with a number in the title
- Read a book by an AAPI author
- Read a love story
- Read a book that takes place in Illinois
- Read a memoir by an author of color
- Read a nonfiction book about a topic you don’t know much about
- Read a book that involves one of your hobbies
- Read a book based on someone you admire: historical figure, celebrity, etc.
- Read a book that takes place during a holiday or your favorite season
- Read a book that won an award: Pulitzer Prize, Booker Prize, Edgar Awards, National Book Award, Goodreads Choice Awards, Lincoln Award, Etc.
- Read a book with an unreliable narrator
- Read a book featuring adoption
- Read a book with multiple perspectives
- Read a book featuring an animal or pet
- Read a book that takes you on a journey
- Read a classic book
- Read a book written by a woman
- Read a book about outer space (fiction or non-fiction)
- Read a fantasy novel