Rise to the Challenge: 2021 Reading Program
Calling teen & adult readers!
Rise to the challenge and read 20 books during 2021. Read whatever books you like, or follow our suggested categories.
For every 5 books you complete, you’ll earn a raffle ticket for one of the grand prizes. Finish all 20 books to receive a prize. You can also earn additional grand prize entries by completing reading-related activities.
Register online or at the Adult Services desk, 847.459.4100, ext. 3. With Beanstack you can track your progress online or in Beanstack’s mobile app.
Paper logs are also available at the Adult Services Desk. Under 14? Check out our youth reading programs here.
Are you new to tracking your progress online with Beanstack? Check out this video or read more about Beanstack.
Looking for inspiration on what to read? Click on the links for more suggestions.
Read a book . . .
- By Jacqueline Woodson’s Red at the Bone (the library’s 2021 One Book, One Community selection) or Brown Girl Dreaming
- By a transgender or nonbinary author
- With a one-word title
- About a social justice issue
- That takes place in the Chicago area
- Featuring a fairy tale retelling
- Whose main character is over the age of 50
- About the impacts of incarceration
- That features your place of work or has a character with your career
- With a color in the title
- By an author you have never read
- That was published in 2020 or 2021
- That takes place in Africa
- For young adults
- Of essays
- That takes place in the decade you were born
- That makes you laugh out loud
- Of historical fiction set before 1900
- By a Black author
- That was recommended to you