Saturday, September 12, 10 am-3 pm, Library (drop-in)
Co-sponsored by the Rotary Club of Buffalo Grove
Activities for the entire family are planned to celebrate the start of our two-month community read. Get involved:
● Check out a copy of Into the Beautiful North
● Learn about upcoming events and programs
● Create an "I am Atomiko!" button
● Stop by one of the “Full STEAM Ahead” interactive stations with themes of identity, hero and journey, 10 am-12 pm
● Enjoy Latin dance demonstrations, 1-2 pm
● Visit our photo and map exhibits
Author Visits - Tuesday, October 6, 2015
Author Luis Alberto Urrea joins the ITPLD community for a day of conversations.
Meet and Greet with author for District 214 students
Forest View Educational Center
Register at www.itpld.org or 847.459.4100, ext. 2. Sponsored by the Rotary Club of Wheeling
Evening Conversation with Author Luís Alberto Urrea
7-9pm, Harper College Performing Arts Center
1200 West Algonquin Rd. Palatine, IL
Free tickets available by phone 847.925.6100 or in person at the Harper box office located in Building J, Room J135. Mention event by author name Luis Alberto Urrea. Co-sponsored by District 214, Harper College and ITPLD
● Second Generation Stories: Growing Up Latino in Chicago Wednesday, September 16, 7-8:30 pm ITPLD Branch, Register
● Sharing Our Local Stories: An Immigration Experience Panel Wednesday, October 14, 7-8:30 pm Library, Register
● Movie: The Magnificent Seven Thursday, October 15, 6:30-9 pm Library, Register
● Cooking Mexican Cuisine Thursday, October 29, 7-8:30 pm Library, Register
● Bowling with Books Friday, September 25, 7-9 pm Brunswick's, 350 McHenry Rd., Buffalo Grove Register Co-sponsored with Arlington Heights Memorial Library
● High School Book Club Thursday, October 1, 2015, 7-8 pm Library, Register
● DIY Lab: Map Jewelry Thursday, October 22, 7-8 pm Library, Register
Youth & Family Programs:
● Club Del Libro sábado, 19 de septiembre, 10-11 am Library Recoja una copia del libro GRATIS entre el 1ero de septiembre -16 de septiembre. Limite: 20. Registro requerido.
● Paperback Pals Tuesday, September 22, 4:30-5:30 pm Library, Grades 2 & 3 Register and pick up your free book, which is yours to keep, at the Kids Desk August 23-September 15.
● Bookworms Club Monday, October 5, 4-5 pm Library, Grades 4 & 5. Register and pick up your free book, which is yours to keep, at the Kids Desk September 14-26.
● Middle School Book Club Monday, October 12, 7-8 pm Library, Grades 6-8. Register and pick up your free book, which is yours to keep, at the Kids Desk between September 15-October 5.